Leak Detection Service in Greeley, Colorado
Our plumbers at Top Notch Plumbing specialize in water leak detection and repair in the Greeley, CO area. We have years of experience responding to weather-related pipe issues and damage, including water cleanup and restoration, and providing repair services to our customers across the Front Range. By calling us, you’re choosing a stress-free solution, and safeguarding your home from any further incidental damage.
Leak Detection Technology
Burst pipes are especially common in Northern Colorado, where temperatures drop below freezing in the winter months. Our Greeley plumbing team wields the latest water leak detection equipment for the job. Our tools accurately pinpoint the source of the leak, saving you time, money, and unnecessary damage to your property. That’s the benefit of calling a licensed plumber – before restoring to any demolition, we’ll leverage technology to fix your plumbing problems before they escalate.
How does leak detection technology work?
- Infrared Thermal Imaging: Our technicians use thermal cameras to detect hidden leaks without destroying walls. There are all types of moisture in the home, from moist bathrooms to kitchen condensation to washing machine plumbing problems. Thermal imaging picks up the slight temperature difference between dry and wet drywall, identifying plumbing leaks by revealing the topmost damp spot.
- Video Pipe Inspection: A high-resolution camera is sent into your pipe network, enabling us to visually inspect the state of your plumbing system from the inside. This helps us to identify leaks or potential problem areas before digging.
- Acoustic Leak Detection: An alternative way to find hidden water leaks is with sound technology. Our experienced technicians listen for the distinct noise produced by water escaping. This method is highly efficient, especially for locating concealed leaks in walls or underground.
What are the signs of a water leak in my walls?
While finding a leaking pipe can be tricky, water has a way of making its presence known. The signs of a leak in your home can range from subtle to obvious, but regardless of the severity, they should be addressed right away to prevent further issues.
1. Unexpectedly high water bills
A small leak can waste up to 20 gallons per day. Not only is this extremely wasteful, but your wallet will take a hit, too. A significant increase in your bills without any notable change in your usage habits is a possible sign of a hidden leak.
2. Musty smell
If your house smells moldy or musty even after cleaning, it might be due to a leaking water pipe. Water leaks lead to mold and mildew growth behind the walls that can cause these smells.
3. Sound of trickling water
If you hear the sound of trickling or running water when all appliances and fixtures are off, you should call a service technician. If you can hear it, there’s a heavy enough flow to cause significant damage – quickly.
4. Changes in wall or flooring
Wet spots, staining, or discoloration on your walls, ceilings, or floors can suggest water leaking. Bulging or bowing walls might be caused by water soaking into the wallboards – a sign that it’s time for emergency repairs.
5. Puddles of Water Around the Base of the Pipe
Water can cause extensive damage if your pipe begins to leak and is left unnoticed. Seeing puddles of water forming around the base of a pipe is one of the most obvious leak detection signs.
In addition to creating an unpleasant and unsightly mess, leaks can cause water damage and lead to additional problems, such as underground plumbing issues and mold growth. A professional plumber in Northern Colorado should be consulted to identify leaks, investigate the source of any issues, and provide great customer service during the entire process.
Signs You Have an Underground Water Leak
While some leaks are immediately obvious, others can stay hidden for weeks or even months. Underground water leaks can be caused by old pipes, friction, sewer line blockages, water damage, or a number of unpredictable factors.
- Wet or Soggy Spots: Are parts of your lawn or around your property forming consistent puddles, even with no rain? Is your yard suddenly muddier than usual?
- Reduced Water Pressure: A leaking pipe diverts some of the water flow, leading to a noticeable decrease in pressure in the building or home above.
- Persistent Wet Basement: As water leaks from your pipes, it has to go somewhere. Often, it ends up in your basement or crawl space.
Keep in mind that signs can vary based on the size of the leak and the type of plumbing in your home. What’s important is that you remain vigilant about these potential signals and contact a professional immediately if you suspect a leak.
When to Seek Professional Plumbing Services
You may have tried to seal a leaky pipe with plumbing tape, epoxy, or clamps. But if the problem persists, it might be time to call in the experts at Top Notch Plumbing.
- Multiple Leaks: If you have multiple leaks in your plumbing system, it may indicate a larger issue with the pipes that require professional inspection and repair.
- Old or Corroded Pipes: If your pipes are old, corroded, or made of problematic materials, such as galvanized steel or polybutylene, they could be wearing away – not just in one spot. These materials can pose significant long-term problems.
- Persistent Mold: If certain areas of your home are constantly damp, mold will thrive. While you can try to remove the mold on your own, it will keep coming back if the underlying issue isn’t addressed.
- Legal and Safety Concerns: Some jurisdictions have regulations and building codes that require licensed professionals to perform certain plumbing repairs. It’s not only about compliance but about safety.
Remember that while DIY leaking pipe repairs may provide temporary relief, professional plumbers are trained to assess and address plumbing issues comprehensively, ensuring long-term solutions and compliance with local codes and regulations.
Leak Detection Near Me
You want a plumber that puts as much effort into protecting your home as they would their own. Not all plumbing services are equipped with the expertise, technology, and industry experience to tackle the complex task of leak detection. With Top Notch Plumbing, you get:
- A team of knowledgeable technicians armed with the best in water leak detection technology.
- Non-invasive methods to ensure minimal property disruption.
- Fast, reliable, and professional detection to prevent future costly repairs.
- A locally trusted service with an impeccable reputation in Northern Colorado.
We offer several types of premier plumbing services to our Greeley community and surrounding areas. Our specialties include:
- Water heater repair
- Sewer line repair
- Plumbing system repair
- Boiler repair
- Broken pipe repair
- … and more!
We don’t just find and fix leaks – we provide peace of mind. Let us put our top-notch services to work for you. Contact us today for all your plumbing needs.